Thursday, October 22, 2015

It's Pumpkin Season

Last weekend, I went to Trader Joe's to get my favorite quinoa and brown rice pasta. I have learned to stock up since the closest store is 45 minutes away. I was also on a mission to get the seasonal Pumpkin O's cereal (gluten free, the only "O's" by TJs that are truly gf). The clerk last visit told me I had to try them. So, I got a couple boxes. My boys and I like them.

I saw some other tasty pumpkin treats. I made chocolate chip pumpkin muffins using the Baker Josef's (still technically Trader Joe's brand) pumpkin bread & muffin baking mix. I could smell that it had a lot of pumpkin pie spices in the mix. I added half a bag of milk chocolate chips and it made 12 large muffins.
I suggest putting the muffins or bread in the fridge if you are not going to eat them the same day as baking them. They are so delicious! I'm glad I bought two boxes of this mix.
I also bought a box of Trader Joe's Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancake mix. I could see flecks of pumpkin in the mix. Now, I have a confession. I am the worst pancake maker ever. But the mix was a perfect consistency and I was able to make perfect pancakes. They were not only circular, but I was also able to flip them without messing them up (seriously, my husband said that one attempt looked like scrambled eggs). The texture was the same as normal gluten pancakes. But these were so much better with pumpkin flavor and spices. I put syrup on one and Nutella on the other. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment